Thursday, January 23, 2014

HONESTY

     Marriage is basically a matter of honesty.  Did you tell the truth or not?
     "Do you take this man to be your husband in sickness and health....."
     "....till death do you part?"
     I think to pass the test you have to say "I Do!" to that one.  (Wouldn't it be funny though, if someone was like, "Um, I don't know.  Actually, I don't."  And then the pastor said, "Too bad - I now pronounce you man and wife!")
      But, all of us, (You don't pass the test if you don't) have said, "I am going to keep this husband or wife until death do us part."  We said that!  We promised!
     Maybe that's why Jesus was not messing around when he said, "You divorce someone = You commit adultery!"  You have lied, you have cheated, you have been dishonest.
     Is marriage about love?  Yes.  But, it's more about honesty.  We are not going to wake up everyday with that "oooey-gooey", "I can't wait to serve my wife" feeling in our stomach.  But, we can wake up everyday and say, "I made a promise, and today I'm going to honor that promise."

No comments:

Post a Comment