Friday, February 3, 2012

WHO'S YOUR SAMARITAN?

Jesus replied with a story, "A Jewish man was traveling from Jerusalem down to Jericho.....Then a despised Samaritan came along."  -Luke 10:30, 33

     I've been hearing a lot about Samaritans lately.  You know the story - couple guys pass, then the one guy you least expect, the one who is most different from the injured person - he helps!  
     It's really forced me to ask how I help those who are most different from me.  And maybe even more importantly, how often do I even stop?
     Really, how often do I even hang out with  people of a different race?  How often do I hold a conversation with those who English is not their first language?  How often do I  listen to someone I know does not share the same beliefs or attitudes as I do?
     I was challenged this week by Jesus's commission to go into all the world. All the world pretty much means all different kind of people.  It pretty much means getting out of your comfort zone.  It pretty much means you've got to help your Samaritans.

No comments:

Post a Comment