Monday, February 6, 2012

THAT SUPER BOWL REALLY GETS IN THE WAY!

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.  - 1 Corinthians 13:7


     You know when love is tough?  When the SuperBowl is on.  You've got a wife that's sick, a dog that needs walking and some kids who want dinner.  And the Patriots are playing the Giants in a game the "everybody" is "supposed" to watch.
      I'll just break it to you - I didn't love well.  I was distracted by the Giants comeback.  I put Tom Brady's last drive in front of my daughter's desire to have Freddie come up stairs.  I let my daughters do to bed without Tebowing with them.  
     Would love do that?  Would love let any distraction get in the way?  Would love put anything in front of listening to the people you love the most?  Would love let anything get in the way of meeting their needs?
      I think God should have added another line to that verse - ", and love doesn't run down to the basement to watch the SuperBowl."

No comments:

Post a Comment