Thursday, February 9, 2012

BE A DORK ON VALENTINE'S DAY!

There was a believer in Joppa names Tabitha (which in Greek is Dorcas).  She was always doing kind things for others and helping the poor. -Acts 9:36

     Do you think Dorcas ever got made fun of?  Why not just name your kid Geekas?  Or Moronas?  Or Nerdas?  (Just think if you added another "s" to her name!)
      But, one thing you can never make fun of is someone who is always doing kind things and helping the poor (see that tie in?).  Actually, I think Dorcas would have been my kind of Christian.  I like those people who do kind things and help the poor.  Those people who are in Bible studies, they're o.k.  Those people who don't swear - I could take them or leave them.  Those people who who are always at church but are never the church - you can have them.
     Give me a bunch of Dorks who just love God, want to do kind deeds, help the poor, and we'll change the world!  Maybe we'll call this the Dork Revolution!  We're just dorky enough to do it!
      Is anyone with me?  
     If so, send me an idea like this one: Get your family and nine other families to sponsor a backpack ($25 at sixseeds.org).  Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment