Tuesday, August 16, 2011

IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!

If anyone would come after me, he mut deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. - Luke 9:23
READ LUKE 9:18-27 TODAY

     I remember giving the Purpose Driven Life to one of my friends at work.  She said, "Tony I can't read this."
     When I asked, "Why?" she replied, "Look at the first line - It's not about you!"  She couldn't come to grips with that statement..
     Really, how many of us can?  Really, if we're honest, how many of us wake up thinking about what somebody else is going to do that day?  How many of us think about all the things somebody else has to do?  How many of us think about what somebody else is going to have for dinner?
      Not me!  C'mon, not you either!
      But, I think what Jesus is asking us to do is consider that "It's not about us!"  I think He would want us to take baby steps toward not even thinking about ourselves.  There are a lot of keys in the "Treating People Like Jesus Does" keychain, but this is a biggie.  Our selfless attitude is where it all starts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment