Friday, August 5, 2011

DISCIPLES FIRST!

My mother and brothers are those who hear God's word and put it into practice.  - Luke 8:21
READ LUKE 8:19-21 TODAY

     For the Title today, I began to type, "JESUS FIRST!"  Then, as I thought about it, that's not what Jesus is saying.  He is pumping up the value of anyone who follows Him.  Jesus is saying, "How you treat people, all people, is real important!"  Heck, that's kind of like what we're doing with this blog right now - trying to figure out how to treat people like Jesus did.  Interesting!
     I do wonder what Jesus did right after He said this.  Did He go to His mom and brothers and be like, "Just joking guys, you're my mom and bros!"?  After He said that, did He stop what He was doing and go hang out with mom and brothers?  
     I guess that doesn't really matter.  What does matter is how we value people - especially those people who are trying to build the kingdom.  That's our family, and I guess Jesus is saying, just as important, or maybe more, than our biological family.  Hmmmm, now that's gonna take some time to chew on.
     Late! 

No comments:

Post a Comment