Saturday, August 6, 2011

ASK JESUS TO CALM THE STORM!

One day Jesus said to his disciples, “Let’s go over to the other side of the lake.” So they got into a boat and set out. As they sailed, he fell asleep. A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger. - Luke 8:22-23
READ LUKE 8:22-25 TODAY

OK, so I'm cliche (how do you spell that word?). I'm going to use the old "Jesus calms the storms in our life" message. Give me some slack, I was up until 3am working on tech stuff for school.
But, you ever have a storm in life? (Here we go) Ever have a time when things are just not working out, or that seems like a lotta bad is happening? Ever feel like there's no hope or there's no chance of something good coming out of this?
I think that's where the disciples were....and they called on Jesus. Now, I don't know about you, but I"ve never stopped a storm. I know for a fact, those disciples hadn't either (or else they wouldn't have had to bother Jesus).
And in life, there are just some things, some relationships that you just can't "calm." Some people and some situations are going to require you to call out to Jesus and say, "We're about to drown!"
If we realize that, it is possible that the storm might just be calmed! (OK, it's over. That was painless, wasn't it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment